Please find below the message mentioned in my previous post:
Hey, [insert my real name here].
Since Tuesday, I've been trying to see where I think things are headed with us. The more I think on it, the more I realize how unsure I am that I want to be in a committed relationship at this point in my life. You're such a great guy (caring, thoughtful, generous, handsome), but I really don't know if I'm the guy for you. We haven't really delved into my past relationships and experiences that much, and in some ways I feel like I haven't been completely honest with you. Up until July of this year, I had never been in anything close to a relationship. Just a few dates here and there. I had only kissed one guy ever, and I'd never been sexual with anyone (yes, I was a virgin up until a few months ago). My lack of experience with the emotions involved with a relationship is what I'm dealing with now. On the one hand, I want someone I can commit to, but on the other hand, I'm so new to relationships and dating that I don't know that I can commit to anyone just yet. This is where I am now, and I feel guilty for not telling you sooner (and even guiltier for not telling you in person and hiding behind Facebook). I'd love to continue being your friend and would love to still hang out, but as for dating and something leading to a committed relationship, I think I need to stay away from that for the time being, at least until I can get my head on straight and really decide what I want for myself. This has really weighed heavy on my heart this week. I hope you can understand and be forgiving. Text or call when you get this so we can talk.
Later,
[insert his real name here]
No comments:
Post a Comment